- May 23
- News & Press
DEXMA gets covered in press
1) Rick Stavanja presented objective and clear view on DEXMA solution and challenges DEXMA Labs may face on the market:
DEXMA Labs has recently jumped into the fray by introducing a beta version of their new PLM software DEXMA PLM+. It is designed specifically for the SMB market. Offering the same data management and process automation capabilities as the big enterprise PLM vendors, they also up the ante by including features such as project management, task management, and both part and material cataloging. Read more ...
2) Ralph Grabowski brought interesting point on whhy developing a PLM solution can be a danger for software vendor:
The problem with original PLM is that it was heavyweight. It needed lots of cash upfront, lots of installation, lots of customization, followed by lots more cash. It could take a year to fully implement. The heavyweight systems sold by Dassault Systems, PTC, and SAP also raised walls of protection. It was so embedded, so-- like bad pizza, it lay heavy in the stomachs of customers. Read more ...
3) Vladimir Malukh from trustworthy isicad.net briefly reviewed DEXMA from functional point of view:
The primary purpose of DEXMA is to control designs and tasks, as well as product structures, documents, configurations, and changes. Naturally, none of this would be possible without DEXMA also implementing controls on materials and components through reference tables. DEXMA is supplied as an all-in-one solution; it requires no customization, and so users will find it easy to master. The system allows parallel operations with CAD files; indeed, a specific feature of DEXMA is its embedded 3D display engine. Read more ...
4) DEXMA was mentioned among other PLM market players on famous PLM blog:
The discussion about cloud PLM is growing these days. Big players are entering the game. Latest announcement made by Siemens PLM about TeamCenter on the cloud just emphasized that PLM cannot avoid the “cloud” game. The list of cloud options for PLM today including a long list of companies – Autodesk PLM 360, Aras, Arena Solutions, Dassault Enovia V6, Dexma PLM from Ascon, PTC Windchil / IBM, TeamCenter and more. Read more ...
5) update, January 2014: DEXMA got covered in Ralph Grabowski`s blog on the issue of intergration with LEDAS Geometry Comparison solution. Read here.
If you found out that someone is talking about DEXMA Labs and DEXMA system please let us know.